Re: Xulrunner - intent to remove from Fedora 24

On 2016-01-26 18:11, Peter Robinson wrote:
does anyone use the xulrunner package? (and gecko-devel actually).
Mozilla
does not maintain it any more and the XUL as technology is going to be
removed/deprecated. I'd like to remove the package from Fedora 24.

PackageKit has a npapi plugin that I'm guessing is soon going to stop
working. When that happens I guess we can drop this dep.

If xulrunner is removed, then something else will need to provide npapi-sdk
in order to continue to build browser plugins.

Will browser plugins still exist when these changes go through?

They are moving to Web Extensions for those sort of things basically
the same as Chrome uses.

What is the plan for the GNOME Shell browser plugin (which is required for extensions.gnome.org)?

--
Yaakov Selkowitz
Associate Software Engineer, ARM