Re: What's up with boost in rawhide?

On 26/01/16 08:41 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
Rawhide has boost 1.6 now but a number of packages haven't been rebuilt
for it yet. I haven't seen bugs filed against my packages asking me to
fix things, so I am wondering if the boost guys were planning to do rebuilds
or if there was some other plan I should be aware of. The change page seems
to not cover this state. The was a place to link to a message they would
send for help abput rebuilds, but it wasn't filled in. It's certainly
possible that a message was sent and I missed it and the change page
didn't get updated.

Everything that could be rebuilt with Boost 1.60 was rebuilt. The
broken packages need to be fixed, but I haven't filed bugs yet because
I'm still going through the results trying to figure out which ones
failed because the maintainers didn't yet rebuild them after
gtkmm+glibmm switched to C++11 (that caused several failures) or due
to changes in Boost, or for some other unrelated reason.

I was doing the builds in a side tag, but at some point that becomes
counterproductive because people keep doing rebuilds in the main
f24-build target and then I have to play catch up and do another Boost
rebuild. The side tag also makes it awkward for people doing other
rebuilds in parallel e.g. for hdf5 updates. So the new Boost landed in
rawhide.

If you packages are broken then by all means take a look at them and
see if you can see how to get it to build. Otherwise you'll be getting
bug reports as soon as I have time (I'm also trying to get GCC 6 in
shape for the mass rebuild, so dealing with $%#& like packages that
rely on instable implementation details of Boost.Serialization is not
my only priority).