Re: Embedding javascript in binary

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 12:34 PM Sander Hoentjen <sander@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:_javascript_
Yeah I read that, but is says "Please note that this section really only
applies to _javascript_ libraries intended for use on the web." so I am
not sure that applies to my case.

It also doesn't thoroughly cover these use cases:

1. how to handle customized embedded forks of a _javascript_ library in upstream,

2. how to deal with _javascript_ resources which upstream Java packages embed in their WARs (should the maintainer have to rewrite significant portions of upstream code to make these resources available from another location in the filesystem?),

3. applications which require the same shared _javascript_ resources but with slightly different flags set in the source (to control style, or behavior),

4. how to package a single upstream project which many projects use which contains a combination of images, styles, _javascript_, and other resources, in a well-known hierarchical structure (like Bootstrap)