Re: dnf still is unuseable

On 18 Jan 2016 06:33, "Igor Gnatenko" <i.gnatenko.brain@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I hope Heiko Adams and Reindl Harald should co-operate and write usable and bug free package manager.
>
> Related to topic: Please prepare full list of bugs which you think critical for you and write to each how to reproduce it.
>
> P.S. autoremove works here fine (fresh 23).

The autoremove reference might be the well known issue with packagekit, not dnf, that is not marking packages as installed rather than dependencies.

The default dnf configuration is autoremove so that doesn't then know that have been specifically installed rather than just unneeded dependencies of something else and then helpfully tries to remove them...

Note this is a result of a packagekit bug not dnf.

On a side note it'd be nice if pk just called out to dnf so that they have a common backend which would prevent behaviour like this and would result in sharing a history database as well.