Re: Koji build fails on the same place on i686 in Rawhide

On Sat, 16 Jan 2016 21:21:40 +0100
Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The only difference was --arch-override=i686 for a successful build.

So that was also a scratch build vs a real one?

> This was an out-of-memory issue. I've changed Java environmental
> variables from -Xmx1024m to -Xmx512m and it builds fine now!
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=12578827
>
> Although I think it's safe to say that the issue is fixed now
> (workaround applied).  I'd like to have more details about Koji jobs.
>
> Also it would be great if different build tasks won't interfere with
> each other. I suppose that the limits should be applied to each
> arch-build separately rather than for the entire task.

They should only apply to each task. Each task is done on whatever
builders are available. Its pretty rare that multiple tasks from the
same build would end up on the same builder (but obviously not
impossible). Each task is done in it's own mock chroot, so settings
in one shouldn't matter for settings in another.

The only thing I can think of here is somehow the failed builds always
landed on buildhw vs buildvm or something.

kevin