Re: Testing chrony seccomp support

On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 10:15:38AM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 10/05/2015 05:27 PM, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
> > I guess glibc and getaddrinfo() will be the most problematic part in
> > the chrony seccomp support. Is there a precedent in Fedora of a
> > package using a seccomp filter and getaddrinfo() by default?
>
> getaddrinfo uses NSS under the cover, which loads NSS modules and runs
> their code to perform lookups.  The system configuration may even use
> modules which do not come with the distribution.
>
> You need to run getaddrinfo from a separate process/thread which lacks a
> seccomp filter.

FWIW, the latest upstream code now does name resolving in a separate
process as you have suggested. Since the original post I already had
to add some system calls that were apparently made with some NSS
configurations. Hopefully it will be more reliable now. The COPR has a
build of the current code if anyone is interested in testing.

Thanks,

--
Miroslav Lichvar