rpmlint error and packaging guidelines

While checking rpms for a new package with rpmlint I encountered the error:
libpasastro.x86_64: E: no-ldconfig-symlink /usr/lib64/libpasplan404.so.1.0

Now, packaging guidelines doesn't say anywhere (or at least I was unable to find it) that symbolic links to soname must be installed by the package instead of rely on ldconfig calls for creating and removing them when installing and uninstalling the package.

Since the upstream maintainer wants to rely on ldconfig and doesn't want to ship the symbolik links, can the package be submitted for review as is, or I must edit the sources to fix that error?

Thanks
Mattia