Re: F24 System Wide Change: Default Local DNS Resolver

>>> Really, the biggest issue people fear is their split view DNS. Which is
>>> easilly solved by extending the concept of firewalld zones into Network
>>> Manager, and always use broken DNS forwarders on "trusted networks".
>>
>> Hmmm... "easily solved" is not "solved":
>>  * Has this "biggest issue" really been solved? Do we have this NM
>>  integration?
>
> I don't know. I don't think the integration with firewalld/NM uses the
> same concept of "zones".
>
>>    Does it show in "nm-applet" (I avoid bringing up KDE which I
>>    personally use, or other desktops)
>>  * What other issues we don't know, simply because this Fedora setup
>>  hasn't been *widely* deployed?
>
> I'd be more sympathetic to this if we haven't gone through major things
> like /usr move already :P
>
> Paul
> --

The split-dns case is I believe what I have at work.  I did test the
proposed local dns resolver.  I was able to resolve names of machines
internal to my work network (after some workaround), but when I needed to
connect to a machine with a different domainname, and it wasn't resolved,
and I needed that to do my timesheet, I reverted.

Using firewalld is not a perfect solution either, if that's the suggestion.
My machines are configured to use iptables.  I have a perfectly good working
iptables setup, and found firewalld looked like it had too much learning
curve, so I don't use it.