Re: REMINDER: FESCo, Council, FAmSCo elections

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 11:28 AM, Jiri Eischmann <eischmann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Chris Murphy píše v Pá 11. 12. 2015 v 11:11 -0700:
>> On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 4:58 AM, Jan Kurik <jkurik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Hello everyone!
>> >
>> > I just want to remind you about the running Elections for FESCo,
>> > Council, FAmSCo. The voting period in now open and you can vote for
>> > your favourite candidate. The voting period closes promptly at
>> > 23:59:00 UTC on December 14th.
>> >
>> > If you have not voted yet, please do so:
>>
>> Should a reminder go to users@ and maybe on Fedora Forums?
>
> Those are IMHO primarily for users and users cannot vote AFAIK. I think
> this messages should go to channels that are primarily for
> contributors. Sending it to general audience would cause confusion.

I can't say how commonly contributors aren't on devel or
devel-announce. But I know developers who are not subscribed to
either. People who contribute to docs, QA, design/marketing, may  very
well not be subscribe to either devel list, but are still
contributors.

With voting participation low the last round, it's seems to me not
unreasonable to hit more lists with at least a one time reminder.

Non-inclusive:
anaconda-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx, test@, docs@, desktop@, server@,
cloud@, design-team@, security-team@, ambassadors@. This could be
expanded, with the message phrased to remind that voting is a benefit
for contributors.

--
Chris Murphy