Re: Direct messages

On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 03:30:34PM +0600, Dmitrij S. Kryzhevich wrote:
> >On Mon, Dec 07, 2015 at 11:29:32AM +0600, Dmitrij S. Kryzhevich wrote:
> >>I just want to know what happened to direct messages about issues with
> >>packages.
> >>
> >>When builds fail i.e. during mass rebuilds I have a message about it.
> >>If for some reasons dependencies tree was broken (in rawhide, i.e., it is
> >>occurs) I have a message about it.
> >>
> >>If one of dependencies was retired I have... nothing. Yes, I'm not reading
> >>messages in devel@ with "Orphan" title careful. I missed that one of
> >>dependencies (which still have a comaintainer, btw) was orphaned. How could
> >>I know?  And now a receive a mail that one of my packages SUDDENlY retired.
> >>
> >>I could go through unretire process anyway but I think it is something that
> >>is completely wrong.
> >
> >Would you like to share the name of this package maybe?
> >

> >Pierre
> >--
> >

> Sorry. Sure.
> First retires package I did would like to receive an info about: tktray
> (orphaned, comaintainer: mjakubicek)

I'm not seeing it as retired, just orphaned:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/tktray/

> My package: tkabber

This was is retired indeed:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/tkabber/
if you click on 'Retired' it gives the content of the dead.package file in the
git repo and this reason seems to be:
``
  2015-12-06: Retired because it depends on tktray, which was
  retired, because it was orphaned for more than six weeks.
``

You may want to open a ticket on the rel-eng trac asking for some investigation,
there is something odd here, may be a bug on their tools.
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/

Pierre