Re: Gradle Packaging

On 12/02/2015 09:16 PM, Dennis Chen wrote:
> There are a couple of Java libraries that are built using the Gradle
> system, which should have been incorporated in the F22 release. What is
> the status of the use of Gradle in building packages for Fedora? It
> seems that there are no macros specific to Gradle, and the Java
> distribution guidelines rather outdated.

For documentation how to use Gradle for packaging see:
https://fedorahosted.org/released/javapackages/doc/#gradle
(I've just updated it to reflect current state.)

Note that Gradle packaging macros have been improved signifficantly in
Fedora 23 and 24, and that the above documentation generally targets
rawhide. The same documentation for released Fedoras can be found in
/usr/share/doc/javapackages-tools-doc/index.html provided by
javapackages-tools-doc package.

--
Mikolaj Izdebski
Software Engineer, Red Hat