Re: F24 System Wide Change: Node.js 4.2

On 02/12/15 08:27, Vít Ondruch wrote:

> Is there some testing version of v8 somewhere? Will we have time to play
> with rubygem-therubyracer, if we can convince it to run with recent v8
> or what else have to be done? The same applies for MongoDB if I am not
> mistaken.

Stephen Gallagher built nodejs 4.2.2 in the side tag last night, but using a
bundled v8 so it shouldn't affect other users of v8. The spec file now says:

# Node.js is closely tied to the version of v8 that is used with it. It makes
# sense to use the bundled version because upstream consistently breaks ABI
# even in point releases. Node.js upstream has now removed the ability to build
# against a shared system version entirely.
# See https://github.com/nodejs/node/commit/d726a177ed59c37cf5306983ed00ecd858cfbbef
Provides: bundled(v8) = 4.6.85

Tom

--