Re: F24 System Wide Change: Systemd file triggers

ZJ> Sure I'm happy to coordinate. I wrote up the Change page because of
ZJ> the potential for breakage (as with anything systemd related) and
ZJ> the need for a mass rebuild for the change to take effect.

I'm not entirely sure there's a need for a mass rebuild.  systemd adds
the file triggers, and packages can drop their scriptlets completely on
their timeframe.  Or is there something specific that I'm missing?

Packages that don't drop the scriptlets will run things an extra time,
which is unpleasant but won't break anything.

ZJ> Note that there's more stuff in systemd that can use filetriggers:
ZJ> %udev_hwdb_update, %udev_rules_update, %journal_catalog_update,
ZJ> possibly others. But those are much more localized, so I thought
ZJ> that those could be implemented without any special announcement.

FPC's goal is to have every scriptlet in the ScriptletSnippets guideline
page, plus most ldconfig calls and the texlive and R scriptlets, just
disappear by the time F24 branches.

 - J<