python3 rebuild notes: python-testtools

I've been looking at some packages that failed the python 3 rebuild
and are sitting underneath some of my packages.  I had hoped to
untangle things, but it's apparent that I'm not going to be able to do
so with the amount of time I have available.  Here are some notes in
case anybody out there in Fedora land has time to take this to
completion.

The basic problem is that python-testtools is involved in multiple
cyclic dependencies.  This works:

1. Build python-extras with tests turned off.
2. Build python-traceback2, with tests turned off like python-extras does
3. Build python-linecache2, with tests turned off like python-extras does
4. Build python-testtools (there is a new version, just released today)
5. Build python-fixtures (there is a newer version, don't know what changed)

The next steps should be the following:
6. Rebuild python-extras with tests turned on
7. Rebuild python-traceback2 with tests turned on
8. Rebuild python-linecache2 with tests turned on

Unfortunately, steps 6-8 are broken, because somebody updated
python-unittest2 from version 0.8.0 to version 1.1.0 yesterday, and
python-traceback2 requires version 0.8.0.  Really requires version
0.8.0.  Try step 6.  The python *2* build fails.  I think
python-unittest2 will have to be rolled back to version 0.8.0, unless
someone wants to figure out how to update python-traceback2.

Anyway, here's hoping somebody has time to finish untangling the
situation.  If not, I'll take it up again when I can find some free
time.  Regards,
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/