Re: i3wm based minimal Spin?

On Thu, 12 Nov, 2015 at 21:38:29 GMT, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Fabio Alessandro Locati wrote:
>> I was thinking about it too... but I think that i3wm may be not the
>> right one since is based on Xorg and there is no plan to support
>> wayland in the near future. http://swaywm.org/ is a project to write
>> an i3wm port to wayland. I think it could be interesting to be based
>> on it
>
> I suspect most of the users of old-school window managers won't want to
> touch Wayland with a 10-foot pole.

Don't generalize; I use XMonad and would still like Wayland very much.
Granted, lots of the apps I use currently are heavily X based (dmenu,
xmobar, dunst, etc.), but I'd start migrating if a Wayland WM which
could be set up sufficiently similar to my XMonad configuration, I'd
look into switching.

In anycase, i3 would likely be the best since there are multiple
implementations of it on top of its configuration file. I don't know of
other "miminalist" WMs with similar multiple-implementation choice.

--Ben