FedRTC.org SIP and XMPP service - help needed

Hi all,

I've been looking at ways to expand on the fedrtc.org service and would
like to start creating a team around the service just as we did in
Debian[1].

There are many ways for people to participate:
- answering questions from users of the service
- helping people diagnose problems and decide whether the problems
justify bug reports
- interacting with upstream developers and package maintainers, e.g. for
bug triage
- maintaining documentation / screenshots on the wiki
- proposing and/or implementing new features
- project work

This is a fast moving area and there are many opportunities for people
to show initiative and leadership and engage in project work.  For example:

- the current service is only SIP, but it would be great to do XMPP too.
 debian.org just went live with XMPP using Prosody.  gnome.org and FSFE
also have XMPP.

- integration of SIP or XMPP with other parts of the Fedora world, such
as fedmsg[2]

- integration with IRC

- adding event-driven code to the web page (see example[3]) to make
lookups and display interesting data about callers

- helping migrate the service to run on official Fedora infrastructure
(it is currently running using packages on CentOS7 and EPEL7 so this
shouldn't be too hard)

If anybody is interested, please contact me and we can discuss how to
proceed.  People are also welcome to join the Free-RTC mailing list[4]
to discuss aspects of this work that go beyond Fedora.

Regards,

Daniel

1. https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/RTC
2. http://www.fedmsg.com/en/latest/