Re: Orphaning JBoss Tools package

On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 08:22:57PM +0000, Gerard Ryan wrote:
> On 11/02/2015 11:49 PM, Marcus Karlsson wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 01, 2015 at 03:56:15PM +0000, Gerard Ryan wrote:
> >> Hi devel list (and cc'ed eclipse-sig list),
> >>
> >> I'm going to orphan the eclipse-jbosstools package in rawhide, as I'm no
> >> longer able to give it the time that it needs. My understanding is that
> >> if nobody takes it, it will be auto-retired after 6 weeks (please
> >> correct me if I'm wrong here).
> >>
> >> If you're interested in taking it & have any questions, I'm happy to
> >> provide any input I can. I think ideally it would want more than one
> >> active maintainer to get it into the shape that it needs to be (not all
> >> features are currently packaged, and significant effort would be
> >> required there).
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Gerard.
> >
> > Hi Gerard.
> >
> > I'm interested in stepping up and maintaining this package as I
> > occasionally use it and would love to see it fully supported on Fedora.
> > :-)
> >
> > 		Marcus
> >

> Hi Marcus,
>
> That's great to hear that you're interested in it. Like you said, it
> would be great to see all of it in Fedora, since it's great for the kind
> of development that it targets.
>
> Currently it doesn't build in Rawhide because of missing dependencies.
> Also there's a new release that I spend a couple of weekends trying to
> get to work, but eventually failed.
>
> Have you had a chance to look at it yet and try it out?
>
> Gerard.

Hi Gerard.

I started looking at it over the weekend and have now started looking
into getting it upgraded to the latest upstream release. Not a lot of
questions yet as I have found that it has so far been very well
packaged. If you have any ideas or pointers that I should keep in mind
then they are of course highly appreciated. I hope to have something up
fairly soon but it may take some time before it's all there.

		Marcus