Re: Urgent F23 testing request: logout bugs

On Wednesday 21 October 2015 13:53:35 Adam Williamson wrote:

> At this point the most valuable testing would be to see if anyone can

> reproduce disappearing-cursor on KDE, and confirming the fix for the

> black screen bug with the updated cogl.

Another input, totally different environment, but still:

  • At work, we moved a user from an older Lenovo laptop to a new model (I can fetch the exact details if needed).
  • Both latptops have the same software and fully up-to-date (Debian/jessie/64bits/KDE4)
  • The new laptop /home is a copy from the old one.
  • Ever since, on docking-station hotplug, the user get a mix of both problems: disappearing-cursor (always) and black screen (sometimes one screen, sometimes both, sometimes closing/opening of lid helps, sometimes not, sometimes unplugging fix it, sometimes not).
  • So my suspicion is more about driver issues with new hardware.
  • Please ignore if you think the Fedora case is very specific to the software versions in Fedora.

Bye,

--

Oron Peled Voice: +972-4-8228492

oron@xxxxxxxxxxxx http://users.actcom.co.il/~oron

Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that

created them.

-- A. Einstein