Re: Proposal to reduce anti-bundling requirements

On 09/30/2015 05:20 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 10:52 AM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:rc040203@xxxxxxxxxx>>wrote:

    On 09/30/2015 04:25 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

        the opposite is more likely: people trying to avoid the FPC
        burden now

        can declare it without fearing somebody takes notice and points
        out a
        violation

    If they don't care or are not aware about the consequences of their
    bundling?

    Like I've said many times before, I feel Fedora needs a serious
    vulnerability in a widespread bundled or static library, such that
    people finally comprehend the harm of bundling.

    Ralf

​Are you saying ​we're doing our job too well, so people don't see the
advantages of the effort anymore?

No. I am saying actively fighting bundling has prevented cases like the zlib disaster 15+ years to return.

Seems to me, as if today's generation of fedora users and esp. current Fedora leaders need to go through the lessons people who had been using Linux then were tought the cruel way.

Ralf