Re: hdlist order tag problem

Christopher Hotchkiss wrote:

I am trying to add a custom rpm (my netexec script posted earlier to
fedora-devel), to a nfs kickstart install. I copied the rpm to the
RPMS/ directory and added the following to
/install/fedora/Fedora/base/comps.xml

<group>
   <id>netexec-sc</id>

   <name>Netexec Client/Server</name>

   <description>Network command queueing program</description>

   <uservisible>false</uservisible>

   <packagelist>
     <packagereq type="default"
requires="perl-Frontier-RPC">netexec</packagereq>
   </packagelist>
 </group>

Then I ran: /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --productpath Fedora
/data/install/fedora

When I started the kickstart install it produced the following error and died:
WARNING: not all packages in hdlist had order tag.

Any clue as to why this died? The most recent information on custom
nfs installs that I
can find is from RedHat 8.0.
The rpm in question is attached.

I ran into the same type of problem when I tried to create a local network installation point including the packages from the updates. Because of the warning I rerun the whole process using a pkgorder file and that worked. Because I didn't look into it any further I wasn't sure that the first problem was due to a missing pkgorder or not. Nevertheless you may want to try it as well. Here's approximatively the commands I used:

PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/anaconda /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder <top dir> i386 > <pkgorder file>

/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --productpath Fedora --pkgorder <pkgorder file> <top dir>

/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/buildinstall --product "Fedora Core" --version 3 --release "Fedora Core 3" --pkgorder <pkgorder file> --prodpath Fedora <top dir>