Re: F23 System Wide Change: Glibc locale subpackaging

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> The stepping stone will likely be:
>>
>> _install_langs (to limit languages)
>> -> subpackages that modify locale-archive
>> -> subpackages that install their own files
>
> The funny thing is that your last step is probably the easiest to
> implement, because that's how subpackages are intended to work. Your first
> two steps require a lot of scriptlet hackery that you'll throw away if you
> implement the third.

PS: Separate per-locale files with proper %lang tagging would also make
_install_langs just work without any scriptlet coding. And it would also
work with a script like this (experimental and extremely slow proof of
concept):
http://svn.calcforge.org/viewvc/kannolo/trunk/kickstart/langpacks.sh?view=markup
(This script builds langpack tarballs for a whole live image. The idea is
that one can then make a live image with minimal --instLangs and download
and add the langpacks in a post-install step, before doing any package
changes. But right now I am not using this script, it is just one of the
ideas to have to make my Fedora Remix called Kannolo as small as possible in
the future.)

        Kevin Kofler