Re: Rawhide plans

On Thu, 2015-08-20 at 14:58 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Good reputation must be earned, magical tricks do not work (even
> lavishly
> funded renaming marketing campaigns have little effect, the best one
> can
> do is to acquire a brand with lots of goodwill and try to subsume
> another
> in it).

I'd like to second this. For a very visible example of this, see
Verizon's extremely successful ad-campaign against Comcast's "Xfinity"
rebranding:

http://stopthecap.com/wp-content/jw-flv-player/player.swf?file=http%3A%
2F%2Fwww.phillipdampier.com%2Fvideo%2FFiOS%20Takes%20On%20Xfinitiy.flv

(Sorry for the flash video; it's the only version I could locate)

I'd like to recommend we take "rename Rawhide" off the table for the
time being and focus on what we can do to make Rawhide more stable and
consumable first. Doing anything else is putting the cart before the
horse (and consuming time and effort that would be better spent fixing
the issues at hand).