Re: Rawhide plans

On 20/08/15 08:40 -0400, Eric Griffith wrote:
I won't say its impossible but its -very- hard to remove the bad
connotations and bad history from a name without changing the name of the
thing itself. Someone just the other day on the Phoronix forums was saying
how they still don't trust RPMs because of RPM Hell all those years back.

The problems may have been fixed but the name remained and therefore the
history remained.

So are we going to rename RPM, or just accept that idiots will remain
idiots whatever we do?

If someone bases their technical decisions on an experience from a
totally different era (and RPM Hell is ancient history in internet
time) then they're just looking for an excuse to hold a grudge.