Re: DNF - Update packages from specific repository with dependencies

If I use  dnf repository-packages, update works, but it takes about 5 minutes to complete.
Its not network issue or latency, because command yum-deprecated repository-packages works OK (update takes about 30secs to complete on fedora 22).
Same thing on Fedora 20 with yum repository-packages (update finishes in about 30secs)

I will report bug.

Thank You.

Zelja

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 9:19 AM, Jan Zelený <jzeleny@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 19. 8. 2015 at 09:05:47, Zelja Tux wrote:
> I tried the deprecated command yum and it works:
> yum-deprecated -y repository-packages MYREPO update
> yum-deprecated -y repo-pkgs MYREPO update
>
> Also this command is right solution, if all packages have same prefix (but
> my packages doesnt have same prefix, and I don't want to hardcode all
> package names there)
> dnf --enablerepo=MYREPO update $(sudo dnf list installed | grep
> PREFIX_OF_MY_PACKAGES* | cut -f1 -d " ")

I don't quite follow. Why don't you use dnf repository-packages? It works the
same as yum's equivalent.

> I can use yum-deprecated, buts iits somehow awkward :)

Yes, yum-deprecated is ultimately going to be removed so we generally
discourage users from using it if not necessary.

> After update to  dnf-1.1.0-2.fc22.noarch, this same command
> dnf -y repository-packages MYREPO update
> takes 5 minutes or more, and update is just few kilobytes.

If you think it's a bug and not e.g. network latency, feel free to report it.

Thanks
Jan