Re: Metadata signing for rawhide

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 07:40:21PM -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 11:30 AM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> But then it wouldn't match the metalink timestamps or checksums, that Dennis
> >> mentioned either.  Or am I missing something?
> >
> > Exactly. it would only bite a user that had switched from the metalink urls
> > shipped by default to something else.
>
> Or had their metalinks repointed for them for them by someone else.
> I'm glad that default Fedora yum and dnf configurations now use HTTPS
> by default

I am unsure I understand what you mean, I read this as yum and dnf query mirrors
via https, but that's not true, it queries the metalink via https because we
expose them in our proxies via https, but downloading the packages are done via
http or https or ftp depending on what the mirror offers.

Pierre