Re: DisabledRepos and Software Center

Miroslav Suchý wrote:

> I have question about
>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/DisabledRepoSupport
>
> We (as Copr developers) are thinking about one RFE. We would like to
> create package which would contains .repo files and gpg keys for every
> Copr project. All of them with
>   enabled=0
>   enabled_metadata=1
>
> But I wonder what would be user experience?

Be careful, enabling metadata for all copr's could yield a bad experience,
since there is no QA (e.g. some coprs

For example, Workstation WG has tentative plans to use enabled_metadata=1
only for a select reviewed list of coprs, that also comply with:

Any .repo files for Coprs that are installed by default in Fedora
Workstation with enabled_metadata=1 should not point to Coprs that contain
packages provided by Fedora, unless that repository contains only leaf
packages.

(The mention of leaf packages was added to minimize risk of broken
dependancies)

-- Rex