Re: Investigation of the F23 mass rebuild

On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 01:47:11PM -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:

> The longstanding FTBFS thing is harder.  In principle we do actually
> retire things that haven't built for multiple releases; in practice,
> things apparently get missed.  pathfinder logiweb and python-rpi-gpio,
> for example, were all on the chopping block for F21:
>
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-June/199524.html
>
> Though all mysteriously disappeared from the final warning:
>
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-July/200694.html

IIRC they disappeared because I used the from cutoff date for F21
initially, i.e. only packages with a F18 disttag were removed back then.

> Apparently for F22 we only retired packages with broken dependencies,
> and didn't consider long-term FTBFS:
>
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-April/210208.html
>
> I'm not sure that was intentional.  We should be consistent.

This might have been skipped since there was no mass-rebuild for F22 or
some bug in the reporting script.

> Common to all of this is a certain reactive posture.  There's not a
> dashboard view of "sick packages".  Which could be useful along a number

I would like to have this as well. There was a package status report
ages ago when I joined Fedora done by someone who left the project. I
still have the scripts if someone wants to work on them, but I never got
to resurrect them.

Regards
Till