Re: GNOME captive portal helper (was Re: F23 System Wide Change: Default Local DNS Resolver)

Am 13.06.2015 um 21:01 schrieb Michael Catanzaro:
There is a good reason we started hotspot-nocache.fedoraproject.org.

Hm... the captive portal helper loads www.gnome.org but it only runs
after NetworkManager has decided there is a captive portal. We can make
this URL configurable at build time if there's really a problem, but
I'm not sure there is, since it's not used for NetworkManager's
connectivity check (which is what triggers us to start the captive
portal helper, and what decides that we have full Internet access and
closes it). For the connectivity check, NetworkManager uses
https://fedoraproject.org/static/hotspot.txt defined in
/etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/20-connectivity-fedora.conf. So... I guess
that is not good, and we should switch that to use hotspot
-nocache.fedoraproject.org instead?

surely

you moust not use cached results for on-demand connectivity checks