Re: F23 System Wide Change: Default Local DNS Resolver

On Fri, 2015-06-12 at 10:58 +0200, Tomas Hozza wrote:

> > 3. NM waits for some signal from unbound/dnssec-trigger about the
> > trustability of the DNS server
>
> If you think NM needs to do some action (as I don't), we don't have
> problem with notifying NM (if you provide some API).

This is your feature, so you are responsible for making sure that it
does not break the rest of the OS, not the other way around...

I've just installed dnssec-trigger on rawhide to try this out, and
found that it breaks networking on my Workstation. I used to get a
network connection on login, now I get a question mark in top bar, and
a status icon with obsure menu options appears. This is quite a
contrast from what the Change page says: "Users shouldn't notice this
change at all".

The OS integration of this feature is clearly not done.