Re: Fedora Extras, Fedora Core CVS Open!

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:11:04 -0600, Michael Favia
<michael.favia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I personally believe that the fedora extras should compliment Fedora
Core by adopting the same style of release pattern on a wider array of
packages that, for various reasons arent included in Core. The other
goals such as backwards compatibility seem to have a place in a Fedora
Legacy project.

I think Extras needs to be focused on a 'development' tree aproach as much as possible so that integration issues get hammered out as early as possible.

Which is what i thought i was advocating above but maybe im not as clear as i thought i was. If I were to visualize fedora core, fedora extras, and fedora legacy i would have a small layered cake (fedora core) surrounded by a larger one (fedora extras) with each with solid layers of past cakes below it (fedora legacy).

Cross-Section of my circular cakes from side profile:

   +--------+-----------------+--------+
   |        |                 |        |
   | Fedora |   Fedora Core   | Extras |
   |           Fedora Legacy           |