Re: F23 System Wide Change: Default Local DNS Resolver

On Tue, 2 Jun 2015, David Howells wrote:

I'm using dnsmasq to look up *.redhat.com addresses over VPN whilst looking up
other addresses from my ISP.

That is automatically handled for you if you use libreswan for your
VPN and unbound is running. It will add a forward for the domain
("redhat.com") received over the VPN to the received  IP addresses of
the nameservers. I've been running like that for years now.

It even flushes the cache and request queue for related entries when
you bring the VPN up and down, so things like bugzilla.redhat.com will
work on the external IP or internal IP without you needing to do a
thing.

Paul