Re: Fedora Extras CVS: how to get a login?

> At this point, the exact policies around how to get a (non-anonymous)
> login for Extras CVS haven't fully formed.  It's basically going to end
> up being a lot like the policies for a lot of other repositories (think
> cvs.gnome.org, etc).  Basically, you start doing some work, gain some
> degree of trust and then get an account.  Which will probably basically
> be "show some body of work (fixes, new packages, etc) via
> mail/bugzilla/something" and then an account gets added.

Ok some work of me: i make packages for Aurora Linux (that's fedora for sparc
basically), Red Hat Enterprise Linux and for Fedora Core 1, 2 and 3. You can
find them on http://dries.ulyssis.org/ayo/   They should all be signed with
my public key and my key can also be found on that site.
About fixes: i wrote quite some patches to get stuff working on aurora or the
newer gcc of fc3 but most of them get included in programs after mailing the
author: so most of them are gone :-)

> extras-commits has what you're looking for.

Thanks i'm subscribed and maybe it's interesting to add this list to the page
http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/communicate/ ?

> Policy-wise, that'll come at the same time as we start doing the first.
> But it'll probably end up being something mostly along the lines of be
> smart, make good packages and there won't be huge problems.

Ok but for example: is each spec file 'owned' by 1 person who is responsible
for that spec file? Or is the responsibility divided by version of fedora
core or is everyone equally responsible for all spec files?  I don't expect
you to write a complete document about the policy but maybe some lines with
some general guidelines might be interesting for everyone on this list who
would like to participate?

kind regards,
Dries Verachtert