Re: /boot on Btrfs still not supported, main problem is anaconda and grubby

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 9:18 PM, Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 1:51 PM, drago01 <drago01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> On UEFI it is.
>>
>> OK, so what we do with old BIOS machines or ones for whatever reason using CSM?
>
> Like you said. The grub package might get updated, but the installed
> bootloader (the core.img) remains the same. On UEFI, a new grub2-efi
> package means the grubx64.efi in EFI/fedora is replaced.
>
>> Just use grubby for those?
>
> I'm not quite following the question. Grubby always gets used in any
> case. And the same Btrfs subvolume bug happens on either UEFI or BIOS.

You (and Josef) seem to be proposing to switch to grub2-mkconfig
instead of grubby.
I am just pointed one one case where this doesn't work hence the
question how this case is supposed to be handled in your "new world
order".