Re: Pidgin Lync-collab COPR

On 03/09/2015 09:23 AM, David Woodhouse wrote:
It certainly looked easy when I glanced at it, although I really need to
be doing "real work" this week so I'm resisting the temptation to look
harder. Please could you share your patches?

I will send them off-list.

And if you have the inclination to also look at backporting the collab
patches I've attempted to consolidate in
http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/pidgin-collab.git  that would be
much appreciated!

If I have time I'll take a look.

Probably, yes. I assume you do have the updated freerdp packages
installed, for receiving a shared screen? And freerdp-server if you want
to share your own? The error handling is fairly much non-existent for
now; it'll spawn 'xfreerdp' or 'freerdp-server' but just fail silently
if it doesn't work.

Yes, I used your copr repo and installed all the required packages. I see freerdp start-up in the background but no window displays for either party for either direction of desktop sharing.

I've just been in a screen-sharing session as a recipient, and that much
seems to work fine here. But*sending*, and file transfer of large files
in both directions, seemed to deadlock work initially and then deadlock.
Precisely what did you see? Can you capture 'pidgin -d' output when you
attempt it?

File sharing works but immediately crashes when it finishes. I see an issue is already in github for that. If I can get additional debugging output I'll forward it off-list.