Re: systemd-219 issues with 22 and Rawhide composes

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 8:18 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Look, deciding to ignore the File System Hierarchy for installing
> config files and creating new locations to store system configuration
> is part of what killed the old "daemontools" init system replacement.
> tool. You and the other developers have gone well past that. But these
> are not tiny surprises, and the anaconda team is far, far, far from
> the only people who need a heads up on structural surprises like this.

I seem to be having trouble with my positive and negative parity this morning.

I meant that they've gone well past the stage of acceptance and
deployment that daemontools ever reached, so it's unlikely to be
effectively abandoned as daemontools has been. I'll restrain my
technical comparisons.

> And you've introduced a permanent inconsistency between systems that
> were ever touched by an admin or a tool aware of symlinks, and one
> that has not been so touched. And introduced a backup configuration
> issue: network configuration backups, or even source control systems
> that store /etc/resolv.conf, all need to be tweaked.

See above. I meant an admin *unaware* of symlinks.