Re: Libinput now enabled as default xorg driver for F-22 workstation installs

Hi,

On 24-02-15 18:34, drago01 wrote:
On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 1:32 PM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

As described here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/LibinputForXorg

We've been working on making xorg-x11-drv-libinput the default input driver
for the Xorg xserver under Fedora 22. All the necessary changes for this are
in place for the GNOME and KDE desktops. So starting with the next Fedora 22
compose new Fedora 22 Workstation installations will be using
xorg-x11-drv-libinput instead of the -evdev and -synaptics drivers.

For existing installations the move to libinput will not happen
automatically, as  we have not added a hard dependency on
xorg-x11-drv-libinput so the XFCE, LXDE, etc. spins can keep using the old
drivers until they have adopted their mouse/touchpad configuration settings
tools to also work with xorg-x11-drv-libinput.

If you're running F-22 with GNOME or KDE, please do the following to switch
to the new driver:

"sudo dnf install xorg-x11-drv-libinput"

And let us know if you experience any issues while using the new driver.

So we'd have two sets of users ... those who upgraded and those how
reinstalled running different drivers for the same hardware?

Yes, we need to maintain both stacks for a while anyways for e.g. lxde users,
etc. Given that XFCE now supports libinput too, we could reconsider this
and make xorg-drv-libinput a hard dep of the X server so that everyone gets
it, but officially we are past the end of the feature merge window.

Peter, any thoughts on this ?

Regards,

Hans