Re: RFC : in-development flag for packages

On Wed, 2015-02-25 at 08:41 -0500, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-02-23 at 17:03 +0200, Yanko Kaneti wrote:
> > > >
> > > I like the confession that no in-developemnt code gets magically
> > > stable after
> > > half year of sitting in the Rawhide.
> >
> > Indeed that was part of my thinking.
> >
> > In-development packaging that might never reach maturity is a fact
> > of life and the idea was for us to embrace it and manage it in the
> > same place where we manage everything else.
> >
> > Thanks for the feedback.
>
> I'm somewhat of the opinion that code should never land in Rawhide
> that isn't stable upstream (or expected to be within that Fedora
> release cycle). Code that isn't ready and won't be ready in time
> belongs in a COPR.

I understand the sentiment, but I think it does not benefit the
project when it comes to Fedora's perception as a leading development
platform.

Rawhide especially I'd love to see being adopted as a hotbed for early
prototype and integration work (think: build me a package after every
upstream commit, in the extreme), even for software that eventually
might not make it.

Thanks for the feedback.