Re: New Upstream Release Monitoring Systems

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 09:59:24AM +1000, Dan Callaghan wrote:
> Excerpts from Ralph Bean's message of 2015-02-21 06:36 +10:00:
> > I'm proud to announce that the Infrastructure team has finished deploying the
> > first iteration of our replacement for the older, wiki-based Upstream Release
> > Monitoring tools this week.  You can read about the details of the trio of
> > systems[1] now used to coordinate upstream release monitoring on the same old
> > wiki page.
>
> Nice work, this is looking great!
>
> Is there any easy way I can check which of my packages *doesn't* yet
> have a valid mapping in Anitya, aside from checking each one by hand in
> the web UI?

It could be automated, but afaik, there is no tool (released) to do this yet,
maybe you can convince Ralph to keep working on:
https://github.com/ralphbean/ship-it
as I believe it does part of what you want :)

> I want to enable release monitoring on all my packages but I've lost
> track of which ones were correctly configured on the old wiki page.
>
> Also, will Anitya warn me somehow if a configuration becomes invalid
> later (because upstream changed their hosting or similar)?

Not at the moment, but we could make anitya send a fedmsg message when it fails
to retrieve correctly the information for a package.
In the meanwhile, I try to go once in a while through the list of projects that
failed to update: https://release-monitoring.org/projects/updates/failed

For example right now, I'm seeing 160 drupal related projects failing:
https://release-monitoring.org/projects/updates/failed?log=drupal

Looks like the names need fixing :)

Pierre