Re: Libinput now enabled as default xorg driver for F-22 workstation installs

Hi,

On 23-02-15 13:39, Vít Ondruch wrote:
Dne 23.2.2015 v 13:32 Hans de Goede napsal(a):
Hi All,

As described here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/LibinputForXorg

We've been working on making xorg-x11-drv-libinput the default input
driver for the Xorg xserver under Fedora 22. All the necessary changes
for this are in place for the GNOME and KDE desktops. So starting with
the next Fedora 22 compose new Fedora 22 Workstation installations
will be using xorg-x11-drv-libinput instead of the -evdev and
-synaptics drivers.

For existing installations the move to libinput will not happen
automatically, as  we have not added a hard dependency on
xorg-x11-drv-libinput so the XFCE, LXDE, etc. spins can keep using the
old drivers until they have adopted their mouse/touchpad configuration
settings tools to also work with xorg-x11-drv-libinput.

If you're running F-22 with GNOME or KDE, please do the following to
switch to the new driver:

"sudo dnf install xorg-x11-drv-libinput"

Is it correct to assume that for GNOME and KDE, you can follow with:

"sudo dnf remove xorg-x11-drv-{evdev,synaptics}"

I did that and everything seems to work just fine.

Yes that is correct.

Also, I can't see such change reflected in comps (yet?).

Right, I've just asked Kalev Lember to make the relevant changes
for the Workstation product about 10 minutes ago, so this will show up
in comps soon.

Regards,

Hans