Re: Idea: Apache configuration snippets

Am 22.02.2015 um 18:45 schrieb Adam Williamson:
On Sun, 2015-02-22 at 18:28 +0100, Reindl Harald wrote:
Am 22.02.2015 um 18:17 schrieb Adam Williamson:
In fact, if we put the snippets in the Apache package or some
package which is tied to Apache versioning, we can drop all the
<IfModule> stuff - Apache 2.2 packages would carry snippets that
use Allow/Deny, Apache 2.4 packages would carry snippets that use
Require. Packaged web apps can just include the appropriate
snippet and not worry

with --enable-mods-static="version" that stuff could be way easier
and clearer including minor versions in case of changes sometimes
happening in the same major release (new TLS specific options as
example)

the only reason why you can't write things like below is that you
need to wrap a <IfModule mod_version.c> around which defeats the
whole purpose

<IfVersion < 2.4>
   Order deny,allow
   Deny from all
</IfVersion>
<IfVersion >= 2.4>
   Require all denied
</IfVersion>

That seems kind of a separate issue to my idea, as with my idea we
wouldn't *need* per-app config files to include this particular
version-dependent stuff any more

i would see it more as addition to your idea and helpful insinde the "auth-local.inc" file itself because your idea would centralize the configuration and mod_version would make the the central snippets better maintainable over the long

<Directory /usr/share/owncloud/>
 Include auth-local.inc
</Directory>

But it sounds like it might be useful for other cases, sure.
Could you perhaps start a new thread for
that to avoid confusing this one?

maybe this should go to bugzilla as RFE?