Access to failed builds [Was: gcc5 ICE xserver build on ARM]

On 17/02/15 07:21, David Airlie wrote:

> Well I can't provide any info, I don't have an ARM box here, and it
> happens in the buildroot which I don't think I can access to get the
> files out from.

I've been bitten by this several times.  We need to find a better way
to handle issues like this: when a build goes wrong a GCC developer
needs to be able to see what went wrong, and that means direct access
to the box so that they can reproduce the problem.

So what might we do to solve this?  Is there some way that we can
"freeze" the contents of a buildroot to allow a dev to get in there
and poke around?

Andrew.