Re: How to become a packager (was: Re: [Proposal] Ring-based Packaging Policies)

Hi

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Ian Malone wrote:
Thanks. I think when I'd looked at it I'd discounted the review and
comment on others' submissions process as it would seem to require you
to have a better idea of what you're doing than the person submitting
the package, and potentially just creating noise when other people are
looking at it too.
Yes, probably a good idea maintainers know how to package. :)

You are also discounting the path of being a co-maintainer first.

> Random fire'n'forget builds in a public Fedora repo would be something
> that would scare me.

This is sort of a situation we have by default, as it's simpler for
people to package into the SUSE public repo.

Not sure how.  Please explain.   If the goal is to make it easier to do fire and forget builds, then koji scratch builds and perhaps copr seems to be a good option.

Rahul