Re: initscripts

poma píše v Čt 22. 01. 2015 v 18:44 +0100:
> Lukáš 'Allo 'Allo
>
> I see that some people are trying to "modernize" Fedora.
> But what about RHEL relictum - initscripts, particularly now that we have NetworkManager/ModemManager and systemd-networkd,
> when will this package "fall off"?
>

> poma

Hi,

Sorry for late answer, I don't read fedora-devel that often.
I will not speak about NM, it has it's own use-cases and users.
Long-term plan is to remove networking part of initscripts and remove
rest of the package elsewhere (in that part kudos to Zbigniew already
moved some stuff to systemd package).
I think that networkd will hopefully substitute initscripts in minimal
setups, but we are far from there yet. Kdbus is prerequisite to proper
networkctl. I am working on generator to read ifcfg files and transform
them to network, netdev, links files. Michal is looking to team support
to networkd and so on.
Meanwhile I don't see why I could not fix some bugs and make the package
more complaint to fedora guidelines.

I hope that answers your question.

Lukas