Re: GNOME glitches in F21 - Should they be reported and against which components?

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 5:29 PM, Florian Müllner <fmuellner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Keeping track of the window size prior to maximization and restoring
it on unminimize is the window manager's job. However if no windows
besides Firefox are affected, I wouldn't exclude a bug there. Maybe
some rogue add-on?

After a little bit of testing, I can confirm that it happens with every app. I have a 1920x1080 monitor resolution and conky running on the right side of the desktop (260px wide). I killed conky to make sure it's not involved somehow.
I set gedit to cover the entire desktop, starting from the left edge and leaving ~330px from the right (window width ~1590px). After maximizing and unmaximizing it, it becomes 1717px. If the original window width is larger than ~1730px, when it is restored it becomes either 1717px or something smaller than it originally was. The same thing happens with gnome-terminal, seamonkey, bluefish, gnucash and just about every other app I tried.
Do I file this against mutter?

> 2. Random rearrangement of icons on the desktop:
> I have organized my current projects and things to do in a dozen folders on
> my desktop, arranged in a grid. So far, this has happened to me three times:
> Upon logging in, some of them were taken out of the grid and randomly placed
> all over the desktop.

The desktop window is provided by nautilus.

Should I file a bug, when I don't have a way to reproduce this behavior?

> 3. Icon inconsistencies in the message tray:
> Some icons are 48x48, others 22x22 and others are not displayed at all. In
> this screenshot
> https://alexpl.fedorapeople.org/screenshots/gnome_message_tray.png
> there are actually 8 icons: a seahorse notification that a signature was
> good, solaar, dropbox (I don't know if our package is to blame or theirs),
> mail-notification, spideroak, gnote, nut monitor and easystroke.

This is a (known) gnome-shell issue. I'm afraid the notification
changes won't really affect this (other than: "it was wrong to pretend
those were notifications, let's decouple them again"), but reporting
it again is probably not too useful anyway.

So these icons will remain in the message tray or will they be moved to the top bar notification area?
From GNOME's own icons, I gather that 48x48 is the default size. Seahorse was problematic since F19, mail notification and solaar icons were 48x48 in F20, easystroke's icon was visible in F20 (same package version as currently in F21), dropbox and spideroak were at 22x22 (I think). Do I bother the maintainers, or do I leave them be?

This is probably not a bug. The default of the
middle-click-on-titlebar setting was changed, so unless you explicitly
changed the setting before, it is expected that you get the new
default rather than preserving the default value from time of
installation.

I'm not sure about that one, so I'm dropping it.