Re: Kudzu and automatic detection

Matthew E. Lauterbach wrote:
On Monday, December 06, 2004 4:26 PM -0600, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

Le lundi 06 décembre 2004 à 15:59 -0600, Matthew E. Lauterbach a écrit :

On Monday, December 06, 2004 11:42 AM, Simarjeet Sahni wrote:

I agree, the device should be unavailabe if it has been removed,
however, its related user configured properties should not.

What if it is actually gone, never to return? How can we tell the difference?

Is this really a problem given today's storage sizes ? This message will be heavier than most device property files. We are talking about a very small set of critical tunings

It's a very small problem. I think that if you can determine that it isn't coming back you should clean up after it. I agree that if the device will return or if you can't tell the difference it would be better to keep the user configuration.

Well,

AFAIK this one is easy, just keep a timestamp when the device was last seen and nuke it if it hasn't been used for a year.

Regards,

Hans