Re: Unpackaged files checking - oddities

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 13:04:27 +0100,
 Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jan 2015 00:27:15 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

If a file is covered by %exclude in the main package, but is not included
in any subpackage, it will not trigger a build failure.

%exclude is global per spec file, or else you would need to %exclude
a file in _all_ subpackages (in the case when deleting it in %install
would be more convenient anyway). That would cause some pain in some
packages.

That's interesting. I wouldn't have expected that either. My guess would have been that %excludes would have been developed specifically for making it convenient to exclude a directory in the main package that needs to be owned by a subpackage.

Thanks for the explanations of why things are the way they are. It is still surprising though.