Why isn't F2FS support in the Kernel?

I was wanting to play around with F2FS about 6 months ago, found it wasn't yet included in the F20 kernel (even though Fedora packages f2fs-tools?).  I did a quick search and found some comments basically saying it was under heavy development, stay away, etc. etc. so I kinda forgot about it.

Today I see an article on Phoronix:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTg3MDQ

which wonders why Fedora doesn't ship it.  Then, it says Ubuntu and other distributions are shipping it?  I then find out that the Nexus 9 tablet uses it as its default file system...

So, Ubuntu and other distributions ship it... Google is using it for their latest tablets, yet Fedora says it isn't ready to ship?

Something isn't right.  I thought Fedora was suppose to be on the leading edge.  Is this some sort of political thing with Redhat/Samsung?