Re: chromium

The fact that there isn't a popular 3rd-party repo packaging Chromium does not appear to be relevant to Fedora. I don't see anybody discouraging it. Perhaps you should approach a popular 3rd-party to suggestion packaging Chromium in their repos?

http://rpmfusion.org/ is one such standard 3rd-party repo for Fedora users. Perhaps you can contribute packaging for Chromium to their project?

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii