Re: is it possible to skip a noarch subpackage on certains archs (arm)

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 1:09 AM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbyszek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a package (a C++ library), which generated doxygen
> documentation during build. The documentation lands in a noarch -doc
> subpackage, the rest in the main package or in subpackages, all
> arch-ed.  The problem is that generating the documentation takes
> forever (6+ hours) on arm. The arch-ed parts build fairly
> quickly. Would it be possible to use %ifarch or equivalent to only
> build the (slow) -doc subpackage on x86_64 or i686 archs? Would arm
> then get the noarch subpackage from other archs?

You *could*, it's a scripting language. I don't see how the noarch
package would get migrated to the relevant arm repos.

However, six hours to build documentation is a bit.... excessive.
Would it be saner to make a separate SRPM that builds just the
documentation, even if it uses the same source tarball? That way,
minor version updates of the software would not force a rebuild of the
documentation.