Re: Heads up: F21 LLVM rebase

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 7:01 AM, Marcin Juszkiewicz
<mjuszkiewicz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> W dniu 11.12.2014 o 18:16, Adam Jackson pisze:
>> I've started staging an LLVM 3.5 rebase in F21.  I hope to have
>> everything built by this Friday and the update available in testing
>> by Monday.  Test feedback would be particularly appreciated on
>> secondary arches and radeonsi 3D hardware.
>
> Can someone explain to me (like to total idiot would be best) why after
> release of stable version developers start to update components? IMHO
> time for it was during F21 development and now work should concentrate
> on F22 with just stable fixes for released versions.
>
> But maybe it is just yet another difference between Debian (which world
> I was living in for 14 years) and Fedora (year of using) world.
[...]

Unlike gcc, Isn't LLVM part of ring 2 in Fedora.next?
http://fedoramagazine.org/fedora-present-and-future-a-fedora-next-2014-update-part-ii-whats-happening/

If you want a reason for why higher rings are upgraded after release,
I think the answer is:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Staying_close_to_upstream_projects

I wasn't able to find a definitive answer via DDG or Google, but I
think that no more LLVM 3.4.x maintenance releases will be released.

-Mike